Thursday, October 07, 2010
by Matthew A Perosi
Just a few years ago everyone was talking about "Three Stone Diamond" jewelry, rings being the popular item.
AT: 10/07/2010 04:14:09 PM
LINK TO THIS ARTICLE
Here's my latest findings:
It looks like the promotional value of the phrase "Three Stone Diamond Rings" has dropped drastically since 2004.
This chart below show Google Insights of the trend:
But when you look at this search trend you see something different:
My conclusion is that while DPS was heavily promoting the "Three" Stone Diamond Ring it created top of mind awareness of the phrase and people would search for it.
Once the promoting stopped, so did the awareness of the spelled out number 3.
The second chart shows less search volume for "3 stone diamond ring" but it's interesting to note that it's more consistent over time with spikes each holiday season.
Conclusion: In your advertising and SEO efforts transition from
"three stone diamond ring" to
"3 stone diamond ring"
Just a thought.
RELATED TOPICS: Holiday Run-Up
We're planning a full 3 months of information and it will be posted as we compile it.
Our data spans back to 2003 and includes:
* Keyword Research
* Vendor Advertising Index
* Vendor ad analysis
* Reviews and strategies of DPS marketing ideas
* Tips of how to coordinate your local marketing with national campaigns from vendors.
* Tips for running your own holiday event in your store.
* Pre-Written examples of ads you can use on Facebook and in emails throughout November and December.
* Analysis of Google Trends data
* Instructions of working with location based services like Foursquare and WeReward
* Directions for online contests
* Ideas on how to change your Google Places information for the holiday season
* Basic SEO directions
* Examples of articles you should post to your website in October so the search engines know about them by November
... and as much more as we have the time to post from now through December 31, 2010.