Quick! Name items you sell from your jewelry store more during the holiday season than any other month of the year.
Your sales might reflect differently than our findings, but here's what we know for sure.
According to statistical data provided by Google since 2004, we have seen higher online interest in lockets, crosses and jewelry boxes every holiday season for 6 years in a row.
Did you know that there's a psychological dollar value barrier that consumers are not willing to spend above online? We've seen that number to be somewhere between $450 and $497. Purchases of higher value than that usually trigger the need for a consumer to physically touch the product before purchase.
Lockets, crosses and jewelry boxes are relatively low ticket items, and consumers are willing to spend money on them without bothering to read your return policy.
What other basic gifts do you have in your store that are in a low ticket category?
YOUR ACTION PLAN FOR TODAY:
1. Look at your sales reports from the past few years and find some correlating categories... other than the current trending beads. These are your store specific items, and they might even be seasonal or traditional, simple jewelry.
2. Write a 250 word description for each item you find. Also write descriptions for your selection of lockets and crosses.
3. If you plan on stocking jewelry boxes this season, order your samples now. You need your own photography and/or video on these.
4. Use the directions we gave you previously for producing video of the lockets, crosses and store specific items.
5. Put the video, photos and descriptions on your website.
6. Post the videos to YouTube and Facebook.
7. Post the photos to Facebook.
8. Resubmit your Google Sitemap.
Follow this 8 part plan this week and the search engines will have your content safely absorbed and indexed before November 1st.
Later in November and December, you can remind your Facebook fans, Twitter followers and your email list that you have these low ticket holiday gifts in stock. Your customers will think you solved a holiday gift problem just-in-time, when in fact you planned this more than 45 days in advance.
DISCLAIMER: The above information is based on statistical data and attempted consumer psychological reasoning. Please review your own data for your site if you have it. Do not make any financial judgments based off this information, it's only meant to help you strategize your advertising efforts. Hindsight is always 20/20 and what we see from previous years does not mean the same thing will happen in 2010... Google TFYQA and have a great day.
DISCLAIMER: To protect the investment from our Gold Subscriber we have limited access to our extended series of Daily Nuggets regarding the Holiday Season. Gold Subscriptions are only available to 1 retail jewelry store per zip code. Please call 888-872-0274 for more details or visit https://www.jwag.biz/myaccount/new.html